A job

Hello everyone, today I will talk about a job that I would love to do, I would be working as a geographer, but with a specific theme, this topic is the growth and conservation of national parks in Chile, for this I should work in Conaf. The National Forestry Corporation (Conaf) is an autonomous institution of the Chilean State, under the Ministry of Agriculture of Chile, responsible for administering Chilean forest policy, promoting the development of the sector, combating forest fires and managing protected wild areas such as national parks and reserves. Their most visible personnel for the community are the so-called brigadistas, who fight the forest fires, and the park rangers, responsible for the protected wild areas.

I would love to work observing and helping the native species of the territory, both the flora and the local fauna, throughout my life I have been in a lot of contact with nature and this is why I am concerned about its sustainable and harmonious development, together with the knowledge and skills that I learn as a geographer, I can be a great contribution in this task.

In March of this year, I visited the Torres del Paine National Park, where I had the opportunity to enjoy its beautiful landscapes, its vast flora and a great amount of fauna, and 
I was able to talk with the people in charge of protecting the park, the park rangers of the place. They told me that in this park that has a giant dimension, only two people were working on its conservation, which is very little for all the work that must be done, this was one of my motivations to start doing this work in Chile, a place where this important work is not yet taken seriously.

Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

Something that I love

Banksy

My best friend