The national stadium


Hi friends, today I will talk about a construction that I like and it means a lot to me. I'm talking about the national stadium located in Ñuñoa in the city of Santiago. Since I was a baby I'm going to see my team universidad de Chile at the national stadium where he plays local since its inception, my first memory is to see the team go to the field before the deafening scream of the public, and then stay playing in their bleachers.
This stadium was inaugurated on December 3, 1938, it was designed and planned by the austrian architect and urban planner Karl Brunner as a great sports and leisure center for the capital. In addition, in 2004 it was declared a historical monument. At the moment it has a capacity of 49.000 seated spectators, being the one with greater capacity of the country.

                                           Resultado de imagen para estadio nacional lleno u de chile

However, this coliseum also has a dark history. In 1973 and after the coup d'etat in September of that year that overthrew President Salvador Allende, the stadium's facilities were used as a detention and torture center for opponents of the dictatorship. According to testimonies of suvivors in the stadium, torture and executions were committed within it.


Imagen relacionada

For these events, in the north gallery of the stadium was set up a monument that reminds all those people who suffered the worst of dictatorship in Chile and to say that the people do not forget or forgive.
                                          Resultado de imagen para estadio nacional detenidos desaparecidos

Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

Something that I love

Banksy

My best friend